by emma kesler,
online marketing manager & resident mixologist
This month, we’re going to get all classy with a time-honored cocktail standard. The French 75 dates back to World War I in Paris, and is known for being both sweet and powerful. Our little twist will make it rehydrating as well!
- 1.5 oz gin
- 2-4 oz brut champagne
- 1 cup ice cubes
- lemon peel for garnish
for nuun simple syrup:
- ½ tablet nuun active lemon lime
- 4 oz water
- ½ cup sugar
- make nuun simple syrup! Dissolve ½ tablet of nuun active lemon lime in 4 oz of water. pour into small saucepan, and add sugar. bring to a boil, stirring all the while. remove from heat and cool.
- chill champagne flute and bottle of champagne (15 minutes in the freezer should do the trick)
- in cocktail shaker, combine gin with 2 oz of nuun simple syrup. add ice, and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- strain contents of cocktail shaker into champagne flute
- top off with champagne
- if desired, use paring knife or peeler to cut a long, thin spiral of lemon peel. use as garnish.
enjoy, and stay classy my friends.
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.