by katie rodger, the juice philly
It’s here, it’s finally here! That magical place called SUMMER, where the days are long, the nights are short, and the workouts are well...sweaty. So whether you're training for your first 5k or a longer race come fall, how you hydrate in the heat is as imperative to your routine as your long run.
From muscle recovery to athletic endurance, the right balance of carbs, fat, sodium and electrolytes are crucial components to maintaining your competitive edge. So as we stare down our goals and load up on our greens, we’ve added a boost of caffeine to the surplus(es) of the season, combining cucumbers (to hydrate), mint (to tame the tummy), and matcha to rev up your metabolism, steady your mind, promote concentration, and even enhance your mood...all before those coveted cardio endorphins kick in!
Ready to sip your way to a stronger, more satisfying summer? Let’s do it!
First up, let’s blend together the following:
- 12oz of water infused with Lemon Lime Nuun
- 1 heaping handful of spinach
- 1/2 a handful of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon of matcha (available at most local grocery stores!)
- 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
+ a pinch of sea salt (to optimize your pre workout hydration efforts + heal the adrenals)
Once blended, add in:
- 1/2 of a large cucumber
- 1/3 of a banana (rich in magnesium, bananas help control your glucose levels with an optimal amount of fructose)
- 1/4 avocado (to help with nutrient absorption and satiation)
Reblend the remaining ingredients and raise a glass (or jar!) to our sweetest, and sweatiest, season yet.
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.