Director - Supply Chain
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Vice President – Operations
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for executing strategies around the alignment, improvement and optimization of the supply chain for scalable growth. This role will work both hands-on and through management of people and third parties to achieve company results and improve on company KPI’s. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, manager and mentor who is as able to create a culture of trust within the supply chain team and across the organization. As a member of the leadership team this person will exemplify the nuun-life values and be a positive contributor to nuun-life culture.
- Troubleshoot the supply chain to ensure each part of the chain is well integrated and optimized.
- Develop holistic supply chain strategy focused on short and long term scalability.
- Manage internal, external and technology resources to execute strategy.
- Develop and report on KPI’s for daily and directional management of supply chain.
- Manage and mentor supply chain team members to achieve personal and company goals.
- Manage all supply chain activities including sales & operations planning, purchasing, inventory management, internal customer service, fulfillment, logistics, cost and compliance.
- Work closely with VP of Operations to manage manufacturing partners.
- Work closely with VP of Operations and CFO to optimize inventory, financial spend and other cash resources.
- Lead the selection of 3rd party service providers including raw materials, production, warehousing, fulfillment, & logistics.
- Develop and execute risk mitigation strategies to assure secure supply.
- Work closely with Senior Supply Chain Manager to develop ERP, EDI and IT solutions to meet current and future supply chain needs.
- Develop supplier performance measures and define strategies to improve, develop or replace suppliers that are not performing to expectations.
- Budget and P&L responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree with formal education in business and operations a plus.
- Experience in food and beverage consumer goods strongly preferred
- 10+ years broad supply chain experience with 5+ years in managerial role
- Strong experience recruiting, hiring and motivating a supply chain team.
- Demonstrated understanding of information systems that support supply chain operations.
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills.
- Negotiation skills a plus.
- Cost accounting – budgeting.
- Travel: up to 1 week per month on an ad-hoc basis.