These delicious stuffed sweet potatoes are perfect for an easy recovery meal after a long or intense workout. Sweet potatoes are high in potassium, which helps to promote muscle recovery. When paired with plant-based protein from the black beans and quinoa, you’ve got yourself a muscle recovery powerhouse!
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and chili also aid recovery from any internal inflammation built up from your workout.
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
1 can of black beans
1 diced tomato
1 tbsp. of chili powder
1 tbsp. of cumin
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 tsp of turmeric
1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash each sweet potato and pierce the skin of the potatoes with a fork a few times each.
- Place in oven to cook thoroughly for 45-60 minutes (or until potato meat is soft and tender)
- In a large bowl, mix together: cheddar cheese, black beans, tomato, chili powder, cumin, quinoa, tumeric, greek yogurt, cilantro, and scallions.
- Once the potatoes have cooked all the way through, pull them out of the oven and let them cool.
- Once cooled, cut in half (the long way) and scrape out the sweet potato meat from two potatoes. Leave a bit of meat with the potato skin so that they keep their structure.
- Add sweet potato meat to the bowl mixture, and mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Re-stuff your sweet potatoes with the bowl mixture
- Sprinkle a little bit of extra cheese on top of each potato, and add them back into the oven to cook for another 10 minutes.
When top cheese is melted, pull sweet potatoes out and garnish with additional chopped cilantro, scallions and a dollop of greek yogurt.
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.