by Chef Vishal
Fall marathons are coming up, and we've got the perfect carb-loarding recipe for the days leading up to your race. This burrito bowl is packed with healthy grains and nutrient-packed veggies. And for an easy weeknight meal, you can prep everything over the weekend and assemble later when you're ready to eat. And it's vegan-friendly!
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 can black beans (drained, and rinsed)
- 1 can organic sweet corn (drained, and rinsed)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 avocado (pitted, and diced)
- ½ red onion (medium sized)
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Add 1 cup of brown rice with 2.5 cups of water to rice cooker. If using a stove top, add rice and water to a medium sized pot, heat until a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook 35-40 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Wash and dry produce.
- Dice bell peppers into small bite sized pieces
- Place veggies on a roasting dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Roast veggies for 15-20 minutes, or until tender with a nice char.
- Heat black beans per instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked rice, black beans, corn, and roasted veggies.
When you're ready to eat, add avocado and enjoy!
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.