By Vishal Patel, Chief Nutritionist
We all want to eat better, but let's face it: sometimes our busy schedule gets in the way. The good news: this stuffed pepper is super easy to make, and you can substitute another protein for the ground turkey. The filling provides a great ‘burrito bowl’ base for lunch during the work week!
- 1/2 cup Jasmine rice (brown)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 zucchini (medium)
- 2-3 Bell Peppers
- 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili pepper
- ½ garlic powder
- ½ onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and Dry produce: dice zucchini into small bite-sized pieces, and remove the tops of from the bell peppers and core.
- In a small bowl, combine spices and set aside.
- Cook rice to package instruction
- In a medium sized pan, begin cooking ground turkey. Add seasoning mix, salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini to pan, cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Add rice and salsa to pan. Mix thoroughly.
- In a deep baking dish, arrange bell peppers side by side and begin filling with turkey and rice mix. Add a bit of water to dish prior to placing in oven.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and broil for a few minutes prior to serving.
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.