This year, we’re celebrating our favorite summer fruit by way of a Nuun margarita (or as we like to call it, a Nuunarita)! August 3rd is National Watermelon Day and we’ve mixed up JUST the cocktail for the occasion. Why, oh why do we love watermelon so? Let us count the ways…
- Watermelon is made up of over 90% water. Bonus points for hydration!
- It’s the fruit that brings the party. No summer BBQ is complete with watermelon slices.
- It’s PINK! Come on, it doesn’t get any more fun than that!
- Watermelon is full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and antioxidants. #healthpoints
- It’s delightfully sweet and refreshing after a hot workout.
This blended margarita is the best of all watermelon worlds. It’s refreshing, spicy, and tasty with a dose of Nuun Hydration! Does it get any better than this? (Hint: No, no it doesn’t.)
Now, on to the good stuff!
- 1.5 cups pureed watermelon
- 3 oz. tequila
- 4 oz. of water with 2 tablets of Lemon Lime Nuun
- 1/2-1 jalapeno (seeded and sliced)
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- Optional lime/sliced jalapeno for garnish.
- Blend up the watermelon and jalapeno.
- Mix together watermelon, jalapeno, tequila, Nuun, and Tabasco in a pitcher, then stir to combine.
- Salt the rim of your glass and serve over ice.
For an extra citrus-y kick? Add a squeeze of lime!
no comments yet
Be the first to comment below.