Who May Use the Website
The Site is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 13. Nuun does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register for the Site or provide us with any personal information.
The Site is intended for users from the United States and not intended for residents of other countries. Users from other countries are advised not to disclose personal information to the Site. Information sent to us will be housed on servers located in the United States. Do not send us information unless you consent to the application of U.S. law and to the use and disclosure of your information consistent with this privacy statement.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, you may be asked to provide personal information to us when you create an account, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, enroll in our ambassador program, choose to provide us with feedback via email, register to receive email updates, or otherwise communicate with us. The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number, credit card number, e-mail address, and any other information you choose to provide. To update your contact information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Information We Collect When You Interact with Us
When you access or use the Site or otherwise transact business with us, we collect information about you, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access the Site, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on the Site, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used on the Site or in emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at nuunlife.com may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to survey providers and social media sites. Additionally, if you create or log into your Nuun account through a third-party platform, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and to customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Nuun and others, and provide news and information we think will interest you (see below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Site or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior and audit your interactions with our online ads, including by counting ad impressions and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Nuun and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors on the Site;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell, trade or rent the personally identifiable information we collect. We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising;
- With other users of the Site, such as if you submit a product review or post content in a public area of the Site;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Nuun or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Nuun and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent, at your direction or as otherwise permitted by law.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that the Site may contain links to other websites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those websites linked to the Site are not covered by this policy. These other websites may send their own cookies or clear gifs to users, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information. We cannot control this collection of information and Nuun is not responsible for the privacy policies of such websites. We strongly suggest you review such third party's privacy policies, and contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided By Others
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interest. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your account, emailing us at email@example.com, or calling us at 855-426-6886. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 855-426-6886, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Nuun by following the instructions in those communications or emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California have certain rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) and the “Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, commercial information, financial information, internet or other electronic history, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, professional or employment-related information, and inferences.
For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see Information We Collect above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in Use of Information above.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Identifiers, such as name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and account name.
Characteristics of protected classifications, such as gender and age.
Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information.
Commercial information, such as information about products purchased, obtained, or considered.
Internet or electronic network activity, such as your social media engagement history.
Inferences, such as your main or secondary sport.
Nuun does not sell your personal information.
Your Consumer Rights
If you are a California resident, subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) opt out of the sale of your personal information, if applicable, and (4) be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA. You may make these requests by filling out this form, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us at 855-426-6886. We will verify your request by verifying a unique code emailed to you, as well as verifying information about a recent transaction.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We may also ask you to verify your own identity with us. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, you may do so by filling out this form.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Nuun qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
PO Box 3312
Seattle, WA 98114