Authored By: Tubert
What Is Hydration—and Why Does It Matter?
Hydration means replenishing the water and electrolytes your body has lost through your daily body functions and activities.
On average, humans lose just over 2 liters of water a day—more if it’s hot or cold, you’re exercising hard, or you’re drinking dehydrating beverages like coffee and alcohol. Along with water, your body loses electrolytes—electrically charged minerals, such as sodium, potassium, and chloride. Without replacing that lost water and/or electrolytes, you’ll become dehydrated. It’s that simple.
Staying hydrated plays a critical role in many of your body’s functions, including cushioning and lubricating your joints, carrying waste from your body, and regulating your temperature. Plus, if you’re dehydrated, you might experience some unpleasant symptoms, including headaches, fatigue, and feeling unfocused. Experiencing these or other warning signs of dehydration is a good reason to get serious about sipping more often. On the bright side, practicing daily proactive hydration can help you feel:
More confident in your ability to move the way you want to!
Nuun Sport hydration products are designed for daily proactive hydration and contain optimized electrolytes to hydrate better than water alone.* That’s news worth raising your glass to!
5 Tips for Proactive Hydration
Getting the water you need throughout each day doesn’t have to be a chore—but it does call for becoming more hydration-aware! Try these easy ways to build proactive hydration habits:
- Wake up with water. A big glass of water first thing in the morning can help start your day off right.
- Have electrolytes before lunch (or after coffee). Adding Nuun to your beverage helps prepare you for the day.*
- Walk with water. Bring a bottle with you on your adventures to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Incorporate electrolytes into your pre-workout routine. Proactively hydrating before—as well as during and after—movement can help you feel your best.
- Top off after a busy day. Add electrolytes to your after-dinner water to finish the day well-hydrated.
Practicing New Hydration Habits
Forming healthy new habits takes time—and understanding when and how you proactively hydrate is the first step. With your newfound consciousness, you’ll likely find yourself reaching for your water bottle more often.
Try Nuun for proactive and convenient hydration in every sip—when and where you need it. Our clean hydration* products provide proactive functional hydration using optimized electrolytes.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**Clean is defined as non-GMO, vegan, and gluten free.