Grab your sweetheart and your sweatbands and get ready to turn up the fun on your regular date night routine. Here are five active date night ideas for couples who want to feel the burn while their hearts are also on fire. Don’t forget to pack your reusable water bottles!
- The Run Around- If you’re in a relationship, it might be a little late to play hard to get. But that doesn’t mean you can’t inspire a good chase! Map out a running (or walking) tour of significant landmarks in your relationship. As you run the route together, stop and take photos, share some water and maybe a few stories. It’s not your grandmother’s stroll down memory lane…
- Belay Me, Baby- Show your significant other how much you want to support them and keep them safe by enrolling the two of you in a belaying class at your local climbing gym. Together you’ll learn how to literally hold each other up as one of you scales walls. And don’t even get us started on all the knotty puns you’ll be able to make with your new climbing and rope skills vocabulary…
- You Raise Me Up- A combination of yoga and acrobatics, acroyoga often involves a pair of individuals with one acting as the base and the other acting as the flyer. It’s an easy activity to enjoy once in a class setting but it can also be a fun hobby to work on mastering together. Acroyoga involves strength, flexibility, and good communication—just like a relationship.
- Studio Swaps- If you’ve been attending a studio fitness class for a while, why not give it a go with your partner in tow! Then switch it up and go to a studio fitness class of their choosing—just not in the same day! You’ll each get a kick out of trying something new and you may even walk away with a newfound admiration for your partner’s abilities.
- Furever Friends- Did you know that animal shelters often need volunteers to take dogs on walks and runs to work out excess energy and get used to hanging out with new people? Grab your date and grab some scoop-bags and get ready for a wagging good time. You’ll never know what kind of walking buddy you’re going to get and learning to adapt to a new dog’s needs will give you and your partner plenty to discuss as you stroll while your dog sniffs.
- Bicycle Built for Two- If your local bike shop doesn’t have a tandem bike to rent, don’t worry you’re just going to need two regular bikes and some duct tape… Kidding! Seriously, don’t tape your bikes together. There are better ways to get closer while you ride, like making ride-along playlists or taking turns leading the ride. If your local bike place does have a tandem bike though, we highly recommend giving it a try. It requires good communication and teamwork, but once you get the hang of it it’s a ton of fun!
Do you and your sweetheart have any active activities you like to share? Drop your suggestions in the comments below for everyone to enjoy!